Ever Hit with ORA-46981 in Oracle EBS Environment ?




Recently when I was tasked to do a cloning of my production Oracle Apps instance to a target single-node server, 

I hit a dead-end with the below error message::


SYS@CDBUAT> conn apps@UATEBS

Enter password:

ERROR:

ORA-46981: Access to service  from <DB-Host-IP> was denied.


CDBUAT is my CDB and UATEBS is my PDB. 


Source instance is  2 node RAC DB with 2 node application tier servers.

Target server is single-node, hosting DB and Application services together. 


DB was restored using disk based snapshot backup / restore tools  or RMAN. 


Believe me, there were no hits in metalink oracle support for this error.  Un-expected !!!.  No-one faced this error?


The db service is up.  Even after several restart, the error remained the same. 


I tried to connect to db by setting 10.1.2 oracle home environment, but error remained the same. 

Note that, this is a single node instance, that is, both DB and Application tier are at same node. 


Whenever I end up with a dead-end, I would always recall the correct procedure for the activity and compare with the procedures, which I have done. 


This is one of my humble suggestions. This has helped me a lot of times. 


One small step which I missed to perform  is,

 "Cleaning up the fnd_nodes" table. 


 This is not mentioned in the standard Cloning document available in MOS. 

 Might have been mentioned at the standard cloning procedure document, but not at Doc: 2560690.1 . 

 

 As I doubted, the fnd_nodes table still holding the node_names of the source host names along with current/target hostname. 

 I ran the exec fnd_nodes.setup_clean ; commit ;

 

 Ran the adcfgclone.pl with dbTechStack.

 Created TNS files.

 Restarted the listener. 

 

 Then, voila, the magic happened. 


Able to login to PDB as apps user without any hindrance.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Kindly make your valuable and progressive comments here.
Junks will be deleted without notice :-)

  Find below few useful scripts for  Performance  Management:: # Important MOS notes for TRACING: There are several ways to trace a particul...